Saturday, June 15, 2013

Sally Hansen Sugar Coat Swatches and Mix 'N Match Nail Art (Picture Heavy)

Today I played around with my new Sally Hansen Sugar Coat nail polishes.

I'm totally in love with this new trend and I have at least a few of every collection out there, glittery or plain like these ones, being the latest my favorite ones.

From this collection I only got the colors I didn't have before from the Milani and China Glaze's collections, so I present to you, from left to right, Lick-O-Rich, Sour Apple and Sugar Fix.


The first one that I tried was Sour Apple. It's a beautiful minty green that actually pops. For all the pictures I have 3 coats, no base or top coat. Application was very easy, I recommend doing thin layers and waiting for them to dry in between.




It has been a while since I did some nail art, so I decided to play a little with them and added some Lick-O-Rich on top to create random designs.






Secondly, I tried Sugar Fix. I was concerned it was gonna look like white out since it dries matte, but I was pleasantly surprised with the beautiful effect, I don't have any textured polished in white, so this was a no brainer. 




To keep it simple but interesting, I added an accent nail in Sour Apple, some dots, and a star stud from a set I got from Born Pretty Store that you can find here.



Lastly, this is a plain swatch of Lick-O-Rich. Even though it's a really cool look, it was the least exciting because it looks suspiciously similar to the black from the Nail Inc Leather Effect collection, which I already own.






To make this one interesting, I added some dots with Sugar Fix and some 3D clay flowers I received in one of the Nail Art Story monthly box.



Overall, I really like the twist of texture in plain colors and this will fit right in with the rest of my collection, I might actually try to get some other colors. Have you tried any others yet? Which ones you like best?



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...