Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Different Dimension Big Bang Theory Collection - Soft Kitty, Warm Kitty and Bazinga!

Today I tried 2 of the polishes from the Big Bang Theory Collection by Different Dimension.

They have different labels because I bought them separately, I got Bazinga! from Llarowe and Soft Kitty, Warm Kitty from a blog sale, so that one is obviously a little older.



First one I tried was Soft Kitty, Warm Kitty (SKWK).


SKWK is a light grey jelly with white holo and grey glitter. It's a very soft shade that needs 3 layers to build up or it could be worn over white. I went for the first approach.


The second one is Bazinga!

Because it barely have any base color, it's a super light yellow base, I decided to try it over A England Excalibur, which is a very opaque silver that I use mostly for stamping, first time actually swatching it so here's a pic of it by itself.


I applied 2 medium coats of Bazinga! over it and it really made the yellow base pop.


Bazinga! is a glitter bomb with red and yellow multisized glitter, much like the Bazinga! logo Warner has used in their TBBT products.


I would say this color needs a base for sure, but you can use a dark shade and just apply one coat for a subtler look, but I liked making it very Bazinga!-ie. 



I definitively liked Bazinga! better than SKWK, mostly cause I'm not very excited for light colors, but both are very unique, with an easy to work formula. However, I confess I got them cause I'm a big fan of the show and not because I was particularly excited about any. I think they could be very versatile if layered over other colors, but then they would lose the TBBT look. 

What do you think of the colors? Are you particularly attracted by nail polishes names or inspirations? You can't deny there's a lot of creativity behind nail polish naming. Which one is your favorite name? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...