Wednesday, June 26, 2013

KB Shimmer Summer Collection Part 1 - Blinded By The Bright, What's Your Damage? and Pimp My Pride

I'm very excited about this post!

This is the reason why I haven't posted anything in the last few days. I've been swatching my butt off.

About a week ago I received the KB Shimmer Summer Collection in the mail and I literally jumped of excitement. Yeah, it wasn't cheap, but come on! I got me 9 colors and a top coat. I take that any day.

You can find this collection here if you're in the United States. It's up to you to do some Googling for international shipping.

This is the best summer collection I have found in the indie nail polish world. It's very unique and at the same time I feel it covers all you need. I highly recommend it, I'm truly in love with it.

I also feel important to note that I'm not related at all with this brand and I paid for them myself. No one asked me to review them. If you have any questions about them, please contact KB Shimmer directly.

Today I'll show you the first 3 swacthes. Here they are Blinded By The Bright, What's Your Damage? and Pimp My Pride


The color I was most excited about was Blinded By The Bright (BBTB). I just love bright things! And it didn't disappoint.


BBTB is BRIGHT! It really really is. I used 3 coats by itself and then I went for the sunglasses. It's a very neon yellow with multicolor glitter. Great application and great glitter distribution which is something hard to find in indies. 

This next picture is under direct sunlight. You be the judge.


I also took one in natural light, but in the shadow. Still super bright.


The next color I tried was What's Your Damage? I gotta say I'm not super excited about neon glitter anymore. I used to be, I mean, it's awesome! But I already have sooo many neon glitter bombs, it would take something very out of the ordinary to surprise me. However, the combo is really fun, I love that there's black in the mix and I'm still not over milky white bases.


Once again I used 3 coats, no undies. and it gives you full coverage which is a must for me. It has neon green and pink with black glitter in different sizes and shapes. Here's a macro for more detail.



This glitter is truly truly solvent resistant. You can ask what that means if you don't know. It's kinda like a big deal. There's no wrinkles, no bleeding or discoloration. It's just perfect all the time.


Finally, but just for now, my first 4th of July nail polish (although I have another one on the way) Pimp My Pride (PMP). What I like about this one is that it's not necessarily super 4thJ, so it's not a one time a year combo.


Another milky white based with blue and red glitter. Simple and effective.


I really like that these polishes didn't need a base color. I thought for a minute to layer this one over white, but as you can see it was completely unnecessary. It built up pretty good by itself.


And that's the end for now, I'll be posting the rest of the swatches as soon as I finish watermarking them. Do you like them so far?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...