Wednesday, June 26, 2013

KB Shimmer Summer Collection Part 2 - It’s Razz-ical, The Dancing Green and Totally Tubular

 This is the second batch of swatches of the Summer Collection by KB Shimmer.

You can find the first part here. Stay tuned for the third.


I'm not a big fan of pink. I'm a little annoyed by the 10,000 shades of pink every brand have and much less of the other shades I like better like blue, green and purple. But once in a while I find a pink or two that truly amaze me, and this is definitively one of them. 


First of all, it's not a pink really pink, it's more on the magenta- redish side.But in some lighting it really looks like just a neon pink.

Then you notice the shimmer, it's the microglitter!


Here you can see the particles better, in regular lighting it looks in the silver and pink side, but it's until you see it in the sun that you can really appreciate the holographic madness. Then you go "wow".


In case you were wondering, I intended the out of focus to be able to capture the holo. It is AMAZING! 

I tried The Dancing Green next.


The Dancing Green is a crelly emerald green, and it is a very unique and bright green. It has neon pink and sapphire blue glitter in different shapes and sizes.It reminds me of a garden.


Also, I didn't realized until I was watermarking the pictures that I didn't take off my chevron knuckle rings. Thankfully the light never really reflected on them, I'm obsessed with them, but I never include them in my pictures because of the reflection, but maybe I don't need to take them off anymore :) 

To finish this second trio I tried Totally Tubular.


Totally tubular is a very bright and beachy blue with neon pink and darker blue glitter.


I have a thing for blue nail polishes. I probably have 2 bottles of blue for every other color in my collection. I just love every shade of blue and it is such a bold statement paired with my less than fair white skin that I can't help but have a soft spot for this one.


I used 3 coats with no base for all of these swatches and topped them with the KB Shimmer Clearly On Top Quick Dry Top Coat. The jury is still out on the top coat, so far I find it a very good alternative, but time will tell if it keeps its consistency all the way. I kinda hate that about Seche Vite, but it's still my ultimate favorite.

Don't forget to check more swatches of this collection here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...