Thursday, June 27, 2013

KB Shimmer Summer Collection Part 3 - 24 Carrot Bold, Don't Pink Twice and Grayscale

We finally get to the end of this collection with what is probably the most popular colors.

Don't forget to check Part 1 and Part 2.

Today I have 24 Carrot Bold, Don't Pink Twice and Grayscale


First, and one of my favorite orange nail polishes ever, it's 24 Carrot Bold.


I tried this by itself and after 4 coats I could still see my nail, which I hate, so I took it off and started over, this time with a white base. This color dries matte, like most neon colors, and it has a subtle shimmer that really separates it from any other orange out there.


I particularly liked it better with top coat. It's a whole new look.


When the light is right, you can see it like a duochrome nail polish, but it's actually the shimmer that under direct sunlight makes it a lighter color.


In this picture you can actually see the shimmer. This amazing orange is a must have on my list.

Next I tried Don't Pink Twice.


I also used a white base. This is the natural matte finish under the little bit of sunshine left at the end of the day.


And here's with topcoat. This color also has a white/bluish shimmer that makes it shine more and also creates that duochrome effect under sunlight.



Next I tried Grayscale over Don't Pink Twice.


Grayscale is a heavily packed glitter topper with black, gray and white glitter in different shapes and sizes. In the picture I'm using a very very light coat of it. It's easy get to a messy bulk of glitter out of the bottle so you have to be careful.


Then I took a picture under black light. It looks really cool, the pink changes to a more coral shade.


And that's it! All 9 shades! Which one is your favorite?

Remember that if you missed the other 2 posts you can find them here and here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...