Monday, December 10, 2012

Rainbow Argyle + Step By Step Process

This is a look I have been wanting to make for a while, but I confess it looked so overwhelming that I have been postponing it for a while.

Well, today I decided to finally sit down and give it a go and I wasn't wrong about being overwhelming, but it was totally worth it cause I love how it turned out!



Here's the step by step process


First of course was the base colors. I tried to keep it bright and fun so I used, from thumb to pinky, Kleancolor Lavenberry, Sinful Colors Let's Talk, Kleancolor Beach Blue, Kleancolor Neon Orange and Kleancolor Neon Blue.



When it was completely dried, it was tape time. I decided to use the blue tape that painters use because I feel it's more manageable than regular scotch tape, but it still was a lot of work! 


Using little stripes I created triangles on one side of each nail and painted only that section with Kleancolor Pastel Pink, Pastel Purple, Pastel Blue, Pastel Orange and Pastel Green respectively. Before the polish dried I removed the tape and the mess I had looked like this.


Then I just waited for it to dry and repeated the same process on the other side of each nail, so it looked I ended up with this.


After that it was just matter of creating the lines with Sally Hansen nail art pen, and here's the final result :)



Overall it wasn't a too difficult process, but it requires a long drying time between each step and it takes a long time. If you trust your steady hand you could try doing it without the tape, but I wasn't ready for it.

Would you try it for yourself? Let me know in the comments if you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...