Thursday, December 13, 2012

Crackle Gradient + Step By Step

Today I have combined 2 styles I really like, crackle and gradient.

This is my first time trying on gradient nails using the makeup sponge method, I really like how it turned out.


Here's all you need to know to create this look

The first thing is to paint your nails white as base coat, for that I used Kleancolor White.

While your nails are drying, put together all you're going to need for your gradient. Meaning all the nail polishes you are planning on using plus a piece of makeup sponge.

For this look I used Kleancolor Sea Ice, Sinful Colors Let's Talk, Sinful Colors Dream On and China Glaze For Audrey.

Open all the bottles and start creating lines on the sponge in the order you want your gradient, overlapping a little, like this (ignore the blue on the side)

               

Then press against each nail, redoing the lines with polish if necessary until the colors are opaque over the white. When you achieve the the look you want, just seal with top coat and it will look like this.


I actually really liked that result, and wore them like that for a bit, but you know I like to recycle my manis, so the next day I added a thin coat of China Glaze Black Mesh and it became a whole different thing, which I also love! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...