Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Christmas Mix 'N Match

Christmas is around the corner and my nails are feeling it too! There are so many designs out there that I had to go for a Mix 'N Match mani once again because I couldn't design :P

There are so many things I want to try for the holidays, so I better get to it!

The first step was to decide what I wanted to do with each nail, once I finally did, I went on and started my base coats



And here's the final result! I'm gonna break down what I used for every design. Note that I changed the design of the thumb, so it's not green anymore :P





Thumb: For the base color I used China Glaze Red Satin and created the white part of the suit with a dotting tool, after it dried I added a black line for the belt and a gold square for the belt buckle with the Shany stripers.

Index: The base color is China Glaze Sunset Sail and I did the reindeer silhouette with Kleancolor Dark Brown, for the eyes and nose I used a dotting tool and a very thing brush for the antlers.

Middle: The base color is Sinful Colors Cinderella, the tree was made with a Shany Striper and dotting tool, the star on the top is glitter and the outline is just Sharpie ;)

Ring: The base color is China Glaze Dorothy Who and all the detailing of the snowman was made with Shany stripers and Sharpie.

Pinky: I used Sharpies for the lines over Kleancolor white..

This is the first time I have used Sharpies for nail art and they are great! There's no way you can have this control with a brush so it works for clean small details.

I did learn a couple of things about Sharpies though. If you use them over your naked nails they will stain them and it's not easy AT ALL to get rid of it, so don't do it! Always use at least a clear base before using Sharpies on your nails. Also, top coat will make a hot mess when applied over it, so you want to finish anything you're doing with nail polish first, apply top coat and THEN use the Sharpie. Don't worry about not using anything on top, once it dries, the Sharpie ink will stay in place until you remove it with acetone.

Hope I saved you some time and frustration when and if you decide to use Sharpies on your nail art :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...