Friday, July 26, 2013

Essie Summer Collection 2013 Color Block + Tutorial

So... It has been a while since I worked on some nail art, mostly cause I'm in the swatching indies wagon, but when I received the box of minis from this Essie Summer collection, I just couldn't resist.
This is what I came up with:



I posted this picture on Instagram asking my followers what I should do with these super cute colors and I got a lot of suggestions, but I decided to go with the color block so I could use all the colors which, by the way, are these:



They are Full Steam Ahead, Sunday Funday, The More The Merrier and Naughty Nautical


Needless to say the colors are gorgeous, and they work great together! They all have a bit of a shimmer that is hard to notice, but it makes them sparkly.

Here are more pictures, just cause I love how this turned out :P




I put together a step by step pictorial for the color block, it's not hard to make, but it requires a lot of patience and a steady hand. Instructions at the end.


1. Paint your nails white (or the color you want to use as base, it will be the color of the lines)
2. Wait until the polish is COMPLETELY dry. I slept on it and did it the next day. Using striping tape, create the design of the lines. Clean your nails with a bit of alcohol if the tape is not sticking properly. Don't be afraid to waste tape creating long lines, it will make the removal easier.
3. Using the first color, start filling up one of the squares, be really careful not to go over the tape onto the next square, use a detailing brush if you have problems reaching the edges. 
4. Continue alternating colors until you have filled all the squares. Don't worry if the color is not looking too smooth, you can fix that later.
5. Once you have finished with all the colors, remove the tape. Don't let the polish dry or it will peel off with the tape.
6. Wait until the colors are fairly dry and apply topcoat. Don't press the brush against the nail to avoid smudges. You can also add a matte top coat to get a better definition. Use this only after using regular topcoat.

Easy, right? 

If you try your own color block, leave a link in the comments or tag me on Instagram so I can check it out.

Thanks for stopping by and please subscribe to the blog!


1 comment:

  1. ohmmigosh! i love the colour combination, its so pretty!
    i love essie polishes, they have the best brushes!

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...