Thursday, March 15, 2012

Before Instagram Series - Striped

Another trend I early adopted was the stripping tape, I found a set of 10 different colors on eBay for a very good price and I went for it.

When I received them I had nothing to compare them to, so I thought they were the bomb. But in reality they were really bad quality. I think the glue was too strong so when I pulled it out of the roll, the color would peel off :(



Either way, they were still good for creating designs like the one on this post where you just use a base color and use the tape to cover that base and apply a darker coat on top to later remove the tape.

This is a technique I still use a year later and I never get tired of how it looks.

Working with the tape is not particularly hard, but it takes patience to place it as you want it, specially if you're trying to get parallel lines.

The base color is Sinful Color Kissy topped with Kleancolor Black





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...